If a semi-truck collides with another car, most people tend to assume the truck driver was at fault for the accident. Many times, driver error or negligence is in fact the cause of the accident and, in such situations, the truck driver should be held accountable for their mistakes and any resulting injuries. However, sometimes a commercial truck accident can be caused in part by the trucking company that owns the semi or that hired the truck driver. In such situations, victims deserve to be compensated by all possible liable parties. Therefore, you should always contact an experienced truck accident to assist with identifying all of the potentially responsible parties to ensure you receive the full settlement you deserve.
In Indianapolis, regarding injury law and finding an tough attorney or lawyer to fight for you,
There are many ways in which a trucking company or management may act negligently to help cause a truck accident. Some common negligent actions include the following:
- Failing to properly and regularly inspect and maintain trucks in their fleet.
- Not performing appropriate background checks for indicators of reckless driving, drug or alcohol abuse, or DUI.
- Permitting drivers to operate their vehicles who are unqualified, do not hold the proper license, or who have not been fully trained.
- Failing to appropriately supervise drivers to make certain they comply with all regulations set out by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Not disciplining drivers who violate FMCSA provisions.
- Failing to perform random alcohol and drug tests on drivers in accordance with FMCSA requirements.
The above are only some of the examples in which a trucking company may act negligently and contribute to an accident. Sometimes, the truck company’s negligence may not be readily apparent and a thorough investigation into all records may be required to identify all responsible parties. Additionally, trucking companies generally have legal teams who will try to help the company avoid liability. These teams of lawyers also often try to intimidate victims into taking a lesser settlement or even into dismissing a legal claim altogether. For these reasons, you should always have an experienced and aggressive truck accident attorney representing you who knows how to communicate with these legal teams and identify negligence.
If you have been injured in a commercial truck accident, do not hesitate to contact Indianapolis personal injury attorney Merry Fountain for help. Call our office today at (317) 917-7873 or email via the contact form available on the right side of this page.
Call Indiana Personal Injury Attorney Merry Fountain Today for a Free Consultation
Indianapolis personal injury lawyer Merry Fountain is a skilled injury advocate. If you are looking for an Injury Law Attorney in the greater Indy area; Indianapolis, Carmel, Fishers, Westfield, Zionsville, Brownsburg, Avon, Kokomo, Lebanon...we're here to help! You can call her anytime at 1-888-242-HURT (4878), or simply click 'Tell Us About Your Case' for a free consultation.