Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident?
• In 2012, there were 4,104 collisions involving motorcycles or mopeds in Indiana, a 15.6 percent increase from 2011
• Indiana fatal collisions involving motorcycles (146) resulted in 151 fatalities (all motorcycle or moped riders), representing a 28 percent increase in motorcycle fatalities from 2011 to 2012
Based on the statistics above, if you were involved in a motorcycle accident, it’s likely you suffered devastating injuries. Because motorcycles offer little protection, a rider can incur numerous physical injuries to all parts of the body, including broken bones, amputations, severe skin abrasions (commonly known as road rash), brain and spinal injuries, and even death.
A motorcycle accident lawsuit is complex and requires an experienced personal injury attorney. The Fountain Law Firm is experienced in representing bikers and the unique difficulties that their cases present.
Immediately following a motorcycle accident, the insurance company will begin their investigation by obtaining recorded statements, interviewing witnesses, photographing the scene, obtaining a copy of the police report – typically within the first week of the accident. This may not be in your best interest.
While an insurance adjuster may be friendly and appear helpful, remember that the adjuster works for the other person’s insurance company. Establishing the appropriate value of your claim for personal injury involves evaluating the nature and extent of the injury, the losses that are recoverable and the liability issues related to the accident.
Preserving evidence after an accident is crucial, especially after a motorcycle accident. Reconstructing the scene can be difficult and requires an experienced professional. Proper reconstruction can mean the difference between winning and losing a case. You can help by preserving vital information. If possible,
• Take pictures of your injuries…. BEFORE you begin healing.
• Take pictures of and keep your helmet and motorcycle gear.
• Take pictures of the accident scene – road shot, skid marks, broken glass, various angles, including close-ups.
• Do NOT fix your motorcycle.
The Fountain Law Firm can help you obtain the maximum amount available by law in Indiana for:
• Damage to your motorcycle and Gear
• Lost income and potential future income
• Funeral expenses relating to the loss of a loved one
• Pain and suffering
• Emotional distress
As an accident victim myself, I know what you’re going through and that you may feel lost and unsure of whom to trust. I know it’s overwhelming — where do you even start? Before I was an attorney, I was injured in an auto accident. My hand was broken and I had facial scarring and neck pain from the accident. It seemed natural to work with the insurance company. I thought they would keep my best interest at heart and help me. Unfortunately, I quickly learned that was not the case and I promptly hired an attorney to protect me.
Indianapolis Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you’re unsure about your case, a FREE consultation can provide you with peace of mind. As an experienced Indiana motorcycle accident lawyer, Merry Fountain will personally ensure that you understand your rights, your options, and the legal consequences of your decisions before proceeding. Merry is committed to obtaining the best possible settlement for you.