Merry M. Fountain
Free Consultation - No Fee Unless We Win Your Case!
Tell me about your case!
Connect with me for a free, confidential case evaluation.
No fee until you receive your settlement.
Please tell us your name...
Please tell us the date you were injured...
Please tell us a bit more about what happened...
Please tell us a bit more about the medical treatment you've had thus far...
Thank you for contacting Fountain Law Firm!

We will get back with you ASAP.

Please remember, your submission of our contact form does not constitute an attorney client relationship, so please do not send any confidential information until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.
Indianapolis Personal Injury Law

Premise Liability

Have you been injured on someone else’s property?


Generally speaking, both business owners and owners of residences have a duty to keep their property safe for visitors. If you have been injured on someone else’s property, you may have a premises liability claim.

The legal term for this type of claim where someone is injured at or on someone else’s property is premises liability. Both business owners and owners of residences have a duty to keep their property safe for visitors.

The most important thing for you to do is immediately seek medical attention for you or your loved one. The second is to consult with an attorney if you’re unsure of your rights.

In this type of case, the insurer for the property owner may say that you or your loved one is at fault. Indiana is a comparative fault state — see Comparative Fault and Taped Statements for more information.

Also, they may ask you to sign papers stating they will pay your medical bills, which also releases them from any liability for your pain and suffering and other damages.

There are too many examples of premises liability claims to list them all, but some common claims involve swimming pool injuries and injuries from falling trees.

These cases present special legal difficulties because it must be proven either that the owner knew or should have known that the hazard existed before your injury. That is why it is important to begin investigating your claim immediately. 

I will ensure that you understand your rights, options and the legal consequences of your decisions. Further, I stand committed to obtaining the best possible settlement for you. Remember, you do not need to pay me anything until I receive a settlement for you. 

A FREE consultation can provide you with peace of mind. Call the Fountain Law Firm if you have any questions.

Share This:

Areas of Practice
Indianapolis Personal Injury Law Indiana Personal Injury Law
Fountain Law Firm