Indianapolis Bus Accident Lawyer
Bus accidents are not as common as car accidents, but when they occur, they often lead to serious injuries or loss of life. If you or your loved one has been seriously hurt in a bus accident, it is in your best interests to speak with an experienced Indianapolis bus accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact Fountain Law Firm, P.C. today for dedicated representation in your bus accident claim.
Why Choose Fountain Law Firm, P.C.?
Serious injuries sustained in a bus accident can lead to extensive medical expenses, loss of wages and earning capacity, severe pain and suffering, and other losses. An experienced bus accident lawyer can play a major role in your claim for compensation. Like other personal injury cases, bus accident claims require proof of cause and liability. Indianapolis car injury attorney Merry Fountain is well-versed in bus accident cases and defense strategies. We can gather and preserve evidence and devise legal strategies to help you win your claim.
- We understand the severity of injuries suffered in bus accidents, the value of this type of claim, and the importance of recovering full compensation.
- When you work with our firm, you will have direct communication with our lead injury attorney. Because we accept a select type and number of cases, Merry Fountain is always available to her clients.
- We have a comprehensive understanding of the complexities of bus accident cases and how to develop legal strategies to fight for the best outcome in your case.
Bus Accident Statistics
As reported by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA):
- Intercity buses accounted for 13% of buses involved in fatal accidents in the U.S. in a recent 10-year period.
- School buses accounted for 40% of buses involved in fatal crashes.
- Transit buses accounted for 35% of buses involved in these fatal collisions.
- 73 school buses and 13 intercity buses were involved in fatal accidents in a single recent year.
- 25,000 people were injured in 15,000 injury bus crashes in a recent year.
- Of the 274 bus accident fatalities in a recent year, 44 of the people killed were occupants of buses.
How Do Bus Accidents Differ from Car Accidents?
Bus accidents differ from car crashes in several important ways:
- Bus accidents are more dangerous: The sheer size and weight of a bus can cause serious injuries in a collision with a passenger vehicle, a motorcycle, a bicyclist, or a pedestrian. Also, most bus passengers do not wear safety restraints, which leaves them unprotected and vulnerable to catastrophic injuries in a crash.
- Liability is not as cut and dried in a bus accident case: In an Indiana car accident, the drivers involved in the accident are liable for injuries. In an accident involving a bus that is a public transit carrier, the state is liable for injuries. However, Greyhound, Amtrak, and other major bus operators must carry multi-million-dollar liability policies to cover any injuries sustained in an accident.
What are the Most Common Injuries in Bus Accidents?
With the combination of no safety restraints and the tremendous size and weight of buses, passengers, occupants of other vehicles, and nonoccupants alike can sustain serious, catastrophic, or fatal injuries in a crash. Common bus accident injuries include:
Connect with An Indianapolis Bus Accident Lawyer Today
Bus accidents can cause catastrophic injuries with life-altering consequences. If you or your loved one has been seriously injured in a bus accident, call Fountain Law Firm, P.C. in Indianapolis, IN right away. We are tough advocates for injured bus accident victims.