Children really do have a special place in my heart. While injury due to the fault of others is a tragedy for anyone, it’s especially difficult for children. I work aggressively to help parents obtain just compensation for their children's injuries.
Consider that the two leading cause of accidental deaths are car accidents and drownings. Over hundred 24,000 children annually are seriously burned.
It is estimated that 4.5 million are bitten by dogs every year. Half of them are children and they are bitten mainly on the face.
Now with the ever increasingly popularity of the Internet, there is a new danger to children from pedophiles.
Has your child been seriously injured?
Children’s claims require special sensitivity in their handling. Parents of children sometimes hesitate to bring actions on behalf of their children because they want to protect them from involvement in the legal system.
I will honor your concern about your child and do everything possible to shield them from the legal process. One of the first things the insurance adjuster will want to do is take your child’s statement about what happened. They must have your permission, but may even try to take one when you are not present. It’s important that you understand your rights, options and the legal consequences of your decisions.
If your child has been injured due to the fault of someone else, please call for a free consultation. Children are more vulnerable than adults, and often become victims of negligence. More injuries are suffered by children under the age of four than in any other age group. Injuries are caused from unsafe toys, cribs, infant car seats, baby walkers, balloons, bicycles, skates and skateboards. Swimming pools, fireworks, and firearms are other risk factors to children. You can help you child seek justice for injuries caused by others.
I’m also proud to partner with Crime Stoppers of Indiana to sponsor child identity kits. These kits help you store your child’s DNA in case they are missing.
Determining Liability is the key step in determining if your child should receive compensation.
– A property owner or manager could be responsible in the cases such as a dog bite, drowning, or even an injury from a fall.
– In an automobile accident, there may be multiple parties which share in the liability. Everyone from the driver, to a manufacturer or a car seat. Studies have shown that more than 250,000 children are injured in automobile accidents annually.
– Child pedestrian accidents are another way many children are injured. Whether it is on their routes to school or waiting on a bus top. Many times, drivers do not see the child and other times they are seen too late. Just because a child is near the road, does not mean that the driver is not responsible for the injury. Drivers can be and should be held responsible for injuries to a child on foot.
– A school system could be liable if the child was injured at school. They can be injured in a bus wreck, on the playground, falling on snow or ice, or be the victim of sexual abuse.
– Injuries from playing with toys such as a BB gun or a bow and arrow are other common injuries to children.
– Unfortunately, careless actions of others put a child in our care in situations where they are harmed. If your child is injured, you will have questions about what type of legal recovery they are entitled to. Here are some other examples of injuries children can experience.
• Birth Injury
• Cerebral Palsy
• Brain Injury
• Medical Negligence
• Traffic Accidents
• ATV / Recreational Vehicle Accidents
• Drowning Accidents
• Bicycle Accidents
• Pool Drain Injuries
• Dog Bites / Animal Attacks
• Burn Injuries
• Vehicle Backup Injuries
• Medication Errors
• Day Care Injuries or Abuse
• Playground Injuries
• School Crossing Injuries
• Foster Care Abuse
• Shaken Baby Syndrome
• Spinal Cord Injury
• Traumatic Brain Injury
• Defective Toys and Products
• Wrongful Death
Injuries involving children can last a lifetime. We help the victims of child injury and child abuse. We know the enormous difficulties presented by these situations. We want to see the children get back on their feet and get the justice and compensation that they deserve. We understand the heavy emotions that accompany these cases and provide experienced, compassionate, representation to our valued clients. Our clients are our number one priority.
Take Action Now to Protect Your Child
If your child has been injured as a result of wrongful actions of another, contact Fountain Law Firm at 888-242-HURT (4878) for a free confidential consultation.