Indianapolis Burn Injuries Attorney
Serious burn injuries are among the most painful and debilitating injuries suffered by victims of accidents. If you have sustained burn injuries through someone else’s negligence, you are entitled to pursue full and fair compensation for your losses. Call an Indianapolis burn injury lawyer today.
Why Fountain Law Firm, P.C.?
- We understand the value of burn injury claims and how important full financial recovery is to your future. Our lead Indianapolis personal injury attorney, Merry Fountain, will be as tough as she needs to be to get you the settlement you deserve.
- We invest the time and effort necessary to prove liability, understand defense strategies, and prove causation and damages. We have a comprehensive understanding of burn injury cases and can craft legal strategies to fight for the best possible outcome in your case.
- Merry Fountain will personally handle your burn injury claim from start to finish. We accept only a select number of cases, so she can be always available to her clients.
Contact Fountain Law Firm, P.C. today for the personal, dedicated legal representation you need.
Burn Injury Statistics
As stated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Every year in the U.S., 1.1 million burn injuries require medical attention.
- Approximately 50,000 of these burn injury cases require hospitalization.
- 20,000 are major burns involving at least 25% of total body surface.
- Approximately 4,500 of these burn injury victims die.
- Up to 10,000 people in the U.S. die every year of burn-related infections.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
According to the American Burn Association’s Burn Incidence Fact Sheet, the survival rate for burn injuries is 96.8%. Causes of burn injuries for which patients were admitted to burn centers in a recent year were:
- Fire/flame (43%)
- Scalding (34%)
- Contact with hot surfaces (9%)
- Electrical contact (4%)
- Chemical burns (3%)
- Other (7%)
Who Is Liable?
Many burn injuries are caused by negligence. For example:
- Defective products can cause fires in residences, industrial settings, and on the road. Manufacturers who produce products that cause injury to consumers may be held liable for the damage their products cause.
- Burn injuries can occur on properties that are not up to fire codes or do not have adequate escape routes in case of fire. If a hazardous condition on the property led to burn injuries, the property owner may be held liable.
- Victims of car or truck accidents may suffer burn injuries caused by contact with hot metal or steam or hot water escaping from a damaged radiator. In such a case, the at-fault driver who caused the crash may be liable for resulting injuries. If mechanical systems in the vehicle were below standard and therefore failed to prevent burn injuries, the vehicle manufacturer may also be held accountable.
Why You Need an Indianapolis Burn Injury Lawyer
Serious burn injuries may require extensive medical treatment and time away from work and may cause permanent impairment and loss of earning capacity. Obtaining a full recovery of damages is essential to your future. At Fountain Law Firm, P.C., we can thoroughly investigate your accident, determine cause and liability, assess the full extent of your losses, and fight aggressively and effectively for the compensation you and your family need to move forward.
Connect with Fountain Law Firm, P.C.
At Fountain Law Firm, P.C. in Indianapolis, IN, we are tough advocates for injured people. Call one of our Indianapolis personal injury attorneys right away if you or your loved one has suffered burn injuries through someone else’s negligence.