During the summer months, thousands of families flock to pools around the Indianapolis area to spend a fun day in the sun. Many of these pools are located on private property, such as an apartment or condominium complex or a private neighborhood. Unfortunately, pools also come with the risk of accidents, injuries, and even death due to drowning. Children are especially at risk for accidents because they may not be mature enough to fully appreciate the risks associated with pools. In fact, the Pool Safety division of the Consumer Product and Safety Commission (CPSC) reports that accidental drowning is the number two cause of death for American children aged 1-14 years. In Indianapolis, regarding injury law and finding an tough attorney or lawyer to fight for you,
Apartment complexes and other pool owners have a duty to keep people reasonably safe from harm by properly maintaining the pool and surrounding areas. Landlords and property owners must take certain safety precautions and steps to make sure tenants and visitors do not suffer injury or death. Such requirements may include:
- Having a fence or other appropriate barrier to close off the pool and prevent unsupervised children from wandering into the pool area.
- Having a gate that properly latches or locks.
- Keeping the pool area clean and free from obstacles and debris, such as hoses or other tools, to avoid trips and falls.
- Adequately maintaining pool surfaces and the surrounding area.
- Properly warning pool users of risks using signs, depth markers, or warnings that a lifeguard will not be on duty.
- Proper covers on all drains in pools and hot tubs in accordance with the federal Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act.
If a landlord or property owner acts negligently and fails to do any of the above and injuries or death occur, that owner should be held liable and should fully compensate the victims or their families.
Contact an Indianapolis Personal Injury attorney for a free consultation
If you or your child suffered injury in a pool or spa accident due to the negligence of a property owner, call experienced attorney Merry Fountain at the Fountain Law Firm at 888-242-HURT for your free consultation. If she represents your child, there is no fee to pay until their case is won.
Call Indiana Personal Injury Attorney Merry Fountain Today for a Free Consultation
Indianapolis personal injury lawyer Merry Fountain is a skilled injury advocate. If you are looking for an Injury Law Attorney in the greater Indy area; Indianapolis, Carmel, Fishers, Westfield, Zionsville, Brownsburg, Avon, Kokomo, Lebanon...we're here to help! You can call her anytime at 1-888-242-HURT (4878), or simply click 'Tell Us About Your Case
' for a free consultation.